Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rolling right along, but not like a ball

In today's Pilates session, I did all the beginner exercises again (though I have stopped doing "Rolling Like a Ball,"

because I don't think I have sufficient padding on my workout surface, and it kind of hurts), but I added a few of the Intermediate leg work exercises. They make me feel ballerina-ish.

This coming week, I plan to add in more of the Intermediate exercises, which should get me up to a decent starting point for what begins in earnest on May 18.

Today's accomplishment, worthy of recording, is that in the movement called "Rolling Up"



I was finally able to roll up! Without an assist from my elbow, I mean. So, for the record, that was accomplished on the fourth day of attempting it, in rep 7 of 8. And it seemed to have something to do with breathing at the right time and engaging my "powerhouse."

So that feels like progress.
As a reward, Tina Fey is hosting SNL for me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment