Thursday, May 19, 2011

The food

Let me explain how I'm eating.
Ben (I'm getting used to calling him "Ben") wants to lose weight, so while he is under Mari's supervision, he is eating Sunfare food. For the experience, so am I. It is based on The Zone, as I understand it, so it is protein-philic and carb-phobic. The fresh, nutritious, portion-controlled meals are delivered to the hotel each morning and then (per Ben's requests) heated and delivered to us, room-service-style, on real china instead of in take-out boxes, or whatever it comes in.
We had yesterday's lunch by the pool, and I just had my breakfast in my room. Here it is:

Nice enough, right?
The main dish there is Sausage Egg & Spinach Scramble - Sweet chicken sausage sauteed with spinach and onions scrambled with farm fresh eggs finished with dice tomatoes.
And an orange. All tasty.

The other plate is supposed to be my mid-morning snack



and, after taking a little nibble, I declare those patty-looking things to be extremely questionable. And as of this writing, I have already eaten the pumpkin seeds--so much for "mid-morning."

For the record, I want to clarify that my emphasis on "fleeting" in the Roger Sterling post was straight-out bragging––intended to highlight my highly developed celebrity-sighting skills. My visual access to his lap-swimming and schmoozing activities were not at all fleeting.

I have my first session with Mari in a couple of hours. My choices now are to walk into "town" (I have no idea what this means) or sit by the pool with one eye on the New York Times and the other scouting talent.

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment