Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LA, minus 15 days

I woke up expecting some congratulatory muscle pain, to prove how much I pushed myself in Day 1 of Pilates prep yesterday. But all I had was some very minor muscle ache in my right hip. Nothing at all in my abs--so I must not have been doing whatever I was doing correctly.

Rather than get back on the mat, though, I decided to do a long walk instead. (I absolutely promise to do mat work tomorrow.) I headed into town, then to buy a graduation card for my nephew (yes, lone reader, he is graduating on Saturday), and then to the post office at the "Heights" end of town, near the Starbucks. Approaching the post office, I saw a tall, very well-built man walking two beautiful dogs––a full-grown white lab and an adorable white lab puppy. I smiled at the dogs, smiled at the man, and he smiled at me. I thought, "That's somebody." A few double-takes later, I confirmed that it was my devoted fan:

It must have been quite a thrill for him to see me.

1 comment: