Friday, May 6, 2011

Bottle it

It's a good day.
I don't know what to credit, but I suspect it's some of this:

and a little of that:

and a lot of this:

I know enough to know that the endorphins produced by this happy confluence of circumstances and influences are not likely to last very long. Eventually some . . . what would they be––dorphins?. . .will flood in to take their place. But at least I'm entertaining the idea that I might be able to pinpoint a recipe or a formula that I can turn to again, with the hope of reproducing the beneficial result. 

For the record, I did the Pilates beginner mat work on M-W of this week; I took a long walk on T-Th, and I did both today, Friday.  I didn't have any muscle pain associated with new exercise, and while I first thought this mean I wasn't doing the movements correctly, I'm willing to think that Pilates is such a gentle form of exercise that pain is not a necessary by-product.

Yes, I'm anticipating looking back at this thought in two weeks and shaking my head at my pitiful naivete, while grimacing with acute pain in every part of my body.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I'm sure it's a bit of all of the above. Absolutely try to bottle it so that you can recreate it.

    And wonderful wonderful about all the good things you're doing for yourself. :) Your lawyer is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, Lawyer!

    ReplyDelete