Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A day well spent

The South Shore Plaza. Who knew?

I needed a Macy's, and I was going to be half-way to the SSP because of a morning hair appointment, so I decided to go. I haven't been there in years.

South Shore Plaza is the great melting pot of malls.

Macy's and Lord & Taylor.  Also Filene's Basement, H&M, Forever 21.
Coach and Claire's.
J. Crew and Hot Topic.
Legal Sea Food and Auntie Annie's Pretzels.
etc.

And then there's this:




 a Target and a Nordstrom in the same mall

Am I wrong? Is this not as remarkable as it seemed to me?

Also, they have free wi-fi throughout the whole mall! (This is important to me, with only a stupid-phone and an iPod Touch with which to be in touch with the wider world.)

So I spent five hours there.

I bought a few things, but all I'm sharing for this episode is this pair of Calvin Klein sandals from Macy's:








They're low-ish wedges and (I hope) comfortable enough for everyday wear, and will be my go-to shoe in LA, when I'm not wearing sneakers. Can work with jeans or a skirt, no? (Those are just little metal studs dotting the straps. What? They're fine.)

Meanwhile, I did not do my mat work. I think five hours shopping is aerobic, but stretching did not get accomplished today.

Oh, and my host and benefactor for my Pilates adventure gave me a heads-up yesterday: By the end of this week, I am advised to give up all bread, potatoes, pasta, sugar, butter, and diet soda and to "stretch, stretch, and stretch some more."

When would you say the "end of this week" is? After the gala, right?




1 comment:

  1. Wow. Yes, a Target and a Nordstrom in one mall is some kind of mecca. I must go. Perhaps Sunday.

    Way to be stylish and hip with the studded wedges! They look cute!! And potentially comfortable!! Nice work!!

    (I can't believe you were there for 5 hours!! Crazy/fun! Wait, did you say fun or funny?)

    ReplyDelete