Monday, May 2, 2011

Cleaning up before the cleaners come

 
Today I begin two weeks of exercising to prepare for exercising. I will attempt "Pilates Mat Work for a Normal Healthy Body"--the Beginner exercises only. There are 15 of them, beginning with "The Hundred" and ending with "Total Butt Workout."

I have a lot of reflecting to do about "She Roars: Celebrating Women at Princeton." It was a wonderful event, and I'm not sure I can explain why, but every woman I talked to agreed. Here are a few images. I have video of Justice Sotomayor boogeying to "Staying Alive," but I think in the interest of national security I won't post it.
President Tilghman. The completely approachable Shirley. Again, inspiring.

A panel of amazingly formidable undergraduate women.
A panel of alumnae who make their living in the arts––two novelists, a TV writer, a visual artist, a filmmaker, and a musician. Repeat after me: Inspiring.



We were very well cared for. Here's one of our lunches under a tent at Whitman College. Festive, pretty, and delicious.


The weekend was certainly not meant as a celebration of nostalgia.
But I took a few photos just to re-capture the feeling of being on campus.
My freshman year entry in Pyne Hall. Historic.

My dorm suite for the next three years in Little Hall. The large bay window on the ground floor was our living room.
The best damn place of all. Who's gonna argue with that?

OK, looking forward:
Lie on your back.
Feel your whole spine meet the floor.
You should have the sensation that your spine is long and open. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment