Sunday, May 11, 2014

Temple Time


Good morning, North Americans!
 
I've been to temple today. Have you?

I might as well just post photos of bathrooms 
(the legendary Japanese-style toilet! Eek!!)

because none of the scenic photos I took today do anything like justice to what it's like to be here. We walked (and walked and walked) around an area where magnificent, centuries-old temples pop up with Starbucks-like regularity. They were beautiful--each tree and rock on the grounds seems to be placed deliberately to produce the most awesome views from every angle. 

But the photos--eh. "That's nice," is all they merit. So better to imagine it all for yourself. Just know that if I have to visualize a "peaceful place" for any reason in the future, I've got it covered. 


Serenity. Now. 

From the sublime to the lavatorious. 

For the toilet signage fans:
I'm sure it means keep the bathroom clean for everyone or something, but the little people are typical of all local "characters." 

Speaking of which: SMAM news update:

Ha!
FYI: Hello Kitty is still very big--based on merchandise I've seen for sale. Also Moomin. Who is Moomin??)

For a snack, I had a ice cold cucumber on a stick. Very refreshing! The photo of it is on the camera not my phone, so you'll have to wait for the slide show when we get home. 

Have a nice Sunday everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a lovely place to breathe. And those toilet signs provide such Zen koan moments.

    ReplyDelete