Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sogo

First photo is of breakfast--the prettiest bowl of yogurt I've ever eaten.

 

My afternoon was spent on my own in Kobe center.

 
Sogo is the big department store. I spent three hours there exploring 8 floors of merchandise, and barely any of that time spent looking at clothing. The housewares and stationery departments alone probably took up half the time.

Of course I visited the bathroom. This sign was posted on the inside of the stall door. What could it possibly mean??



6 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts!!

    I can't decide which is prettier—the yogurt and fruit or the bowl it's in.

    I'm going to guess about the sign: "Do you have everything you came in with?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Google translate says: "You forget or do not have?" (i.e. "Did you forget or lose anything?")

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the polite Japanese way of saying "Did your cell phone fall into the toilet?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gorgeous yogurt makes me insanely hungry and also feel like you can never gain weight on food that beautiful. And stationary! Pictures of stationary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. direct from a Japanese person who translated:
    Your Someone is very good sense of Humor .
    This sentence literal translation is “ Blink and you know what it is ? “
    But it means “ do you not forget the toilet paper ? “ other words “ do you not forget important things in your life ? “
    Ho Ho Ho , Hope my translation is understandable for you 

    ReplyDelete
  6. More bathroom signage photos, please!

    ReplyDelete