Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's 5 am--why isn't everyone up?


Reflections to begin the day. 
1.  Everything is different here. 
2.  I still can't get my head around what time and day it is here vs. what time and day it is at home. You guys are just now thinking about having dinner, while here it is still way too early to find anything open for breakfast-- except for me it's already tomorrow. 
3. I can count on one hand the number of non-Asians we have seen anywhere in Kobe (excluding the 3 conference colleagues of D's we have seen).  As a consequence, we do get some attention, especially the tall American man with salt and pepper hair. Possibly they think they are seeing this guy:
The conference starts this morning.  D will give his talk in a few hours and I will be in the audience!  After that I will take off on my own to explore. 
Adventures TBD!

No comments:

Post a Comment