Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So much!


I have so much to tell you about! So much plastic food, so many toilets, so many vending machines, so many sake breweries! 
We spent most of the day with a lovely couple who are friends of a Boston friend, and they couldn't have been nicer --taking us all over Kobe. Also it was a beautiful day. Let's see what photos I can share. 

Here is part of my breakfast. It was buffet style so I went back several times. Yogurt with cucumbers is very refreshing. Those little red things are pickled plums and they were super tart. 

This is not the best toilet I've seen but it's typical: heater, "shower," and bidet buttons. The one at the airport also had "flush sound" for the easily embarrassed. 
The baby receptacle is convenient

Random plastic food at the main train station in Kobe. 

Machiko and Yoshi took us to a conveyer -belt sushi place. Absolutely no English explanations so it was invaluable to have them guide us through. Fun! I ate octopus. Meh. Everything else was delish, though. 

They also took us to two sake breweries but I didn't take pictures. 

I'll close with this very strange product name (read the line at the bottom of the label):
Yup. It's a roll of toilet paper. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post so much! But one question: the small middle aged man (which made me laugh and laugh) -- is the product inside the bag a roll of toilet paper? It looks like a loaf of bread?
    Also, why isn't the toilet baby receptacle also a potty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing at small middle aged man.

    ReplyDelete