Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Is it Tynwald Day again already?

Since I'm such a fan of marking off chunks of time that have a starting gate and a defined finish line, July 1––first day of the second half of the year––would have been a good starting-of-anything day.

Or, yesterday––first day of my new age––would have been, too.  (Not  my "new age,"  just my new "age.")

Or even today, first business day after the start of my new age.

But instead of re-starting any of my self-exploration/improvement/evolution projects full-speed-ahead, in earnest, this-time-I'm-REALLY-doing-it-ly, I watched the Casey Anthony verdict while eating leftover buttercream frosting by the spoonful, out of a Tupperware container into which I had also scooped some Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia FroYo.  (Room-temperature frosting mixed with cold ice cream is epic, by the way.  It's the Gilgamesh of flavor/texture combos.)

Why would a person do that?

This is a good thing to contemplate while feeling a little nauseated and logy, and that is where you find me. I'm going to see if Emerson has anything to say about it.

Here is the cake that yielded too much leftover frosting.

Delicious, but meh design-wise. An oft-repeated fall-back option.


Scenes from the parade:

Prize-winner. Very impressive.
This is more on par with the typical parade float. The steeple-hats were funny. They probably realized they looked like they were serving in the Kaiser's Army, right? Probably.
There was more than one ersatz Stanley Cup. This was the biggest.

See, every year this guy dresses up as . . .oh,  never mind

Everyone agreed, it was an excellent parade.


And now, today being Tynwald Day,  it's an excellent time to rededicate myself to my reading/writing/box-sorting goals.
So let it be written, so let it be done. 

Also, no more sentimental posts. I'll put any such thoughts in my private Hello Kitty diary instead. With the key that locks.

Keep out!!! This means YOU!!!




But I actually had/have this one.



Happy Tynwald Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment