Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm on a boat


Not now, but earlier today we took the ferry from Skye back to the mainland. Then we drove to Ben Nevis, the tallest moumtain in Scotland. We took the cable car up, and on the way I realized I'd left the iPod in the car. So, sorry, no picture from there.
Tonight we are in Oban, and tomorrow we'll head to Glasgow.
There have been too many sights snd experiences to include here. I'm not even reporting on the highlights, just on the one thing a day for which I have a photo and a snappy title.
In answer to the question of how clooty the dumpling was: I've now had it twice! It's a moist fruitcake, made with molasses (treacle is what they call it here) and served with either custard or cream.
Equally yummy is sticky toffee pudding, which is a butterscotch cake, also served with cream.
Wait, is toffee butterscotch? Hey! Butter-SCOTCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment