Saturday, July 23, 2011

Arthur's Sea


That's an intentional typo. It's really Arthur's Seat, an 820-ft (meters be damned) hill adjacent to Holyrood Park. And I climbed it! Up steep inclines and over craggy rocks!
Almost!
I got to within spitting distance of the "summit" --without ever bursting into tears, let it be noted--and then decided that I didn't like it any more and decided the view from where I sat was just peachy. I was given many good-sport points from the point-giver, my Tenzing Norgay, who made it to the top in my name.
It provided a spectacular view from wherever you stood (or sat) and it was a good farewell event for our stay in Edinburgh. Tomorrow we start chanting "Drive on the left, drive on the left . . ."

Last night revelers of unknown origins reveled in a bar right below our hotel room window until nearly 4:00 am. I'm wary of a repeat tonight . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we were right there five years ago! Our photo is almost exactly the same, minus the sneaker.

    I hear it doesn't take too long to get used to driving on the left. Good luck on the journey and enjoy -- the countryside is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! As your lawyer, I applaud your hill-climbing accomplishments!!! :) LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete