Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spread too thin


With gratitude and apologies to my two readers and most of all to myself, I am officially excusing myself from NaBloPoMo, NaNoWriMo, and WhyMeNoWri. I am spread too thin, with too many ambitious creative commitments.
     "Know thyself" is the most important self-help adage, my Weight Watchers leader, Beth, says repeatedly. (Going to Weight Watchers weekly is truly like getting $10 per hour therapy, and the stuff I hear there applies to a whole lot more than food/eating/weight loss. Plus there are recipes.)
       And myself is in need of focus. The novel needs my full attention. I just don't have great stores of concentration, I discover, and the limited amount I have can best be used there.
       My one week of renewed blog-posting put me in touch with my original NaNo sponsor and has made possible an unexpected reunion. So hooray for that!
       If the spirit moves me, I'll be back here. If not in the near future, then maybe later.
       I couldn't just fade away. I had to ANNOUNCE it.
       Bye! I'll miss me!

1 comment: