Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blog Roulette

My general misgivings about blogging and blogs can be illustrated by sampling from the universe of teeny, tiny worlds that open when you click the "Next Blog" link on any blogspot blog.

First let's all say blog a few dozen more times.

See where it says "Next Blog" up there, above the "h" in Stretching? I click there often. It makes me feel very, very small. I realize, in a slightly nauseating split second, that I am one more in a (what's a nicer word than pathetic?) cavalcade of a bajillion people who are all "expressing themselves" by singing in the shower––but with the door open, beckoning passers-by to enter.

"Oh, so glad you came by to hear me sing 'Don't Rain on My Parade'!  And since you're here, why don't you take a look at the hearts and smiley faces I drew in the fog on the medicine cabinet mirror! Thanks for stopping in! See you next time!"


I've discovered that the links aren't totally random. Because I've written so much about Pilates in my posts, I guess, the Google robots categorize me with exercise and yoga blogs. Like, right now, the first link is to "Fit and Fabulous after 40!" It's written by Amy, who lives in Belgium, of all places. Amy's back is feeling better! Hooray!


Another click, and I'm at "Maximus Lewin Strength And Conditioning." Maximus does a LOT of squats and push-ups, and he capitalizes "And" in a title. Then we get "Maximum Performance CrossFit" ––yeah, yeah, blah, blah––and then suddenly we've crossed some invisible threshold and we've entered "What a Day to Be Alive" with photos of crayons, and flowers, and adorable little girls eating ice cream.  

Ach. So here I am, too, telling you and anyone who might wander in through "Next Blog" roulette what I had for breakfast. Literally what I had for breakfast.

So, yeah––misgivings.
But now I will shrug them off.

I went for a private Pilates session this afternoon at a local studio. The woman who instructed me was encouraging and pleasant, but she told me she is leaving the studio in two weeks, so I won't get too attached. What she had me do was a variant of what I did in L.A., not quite as balletic-ly pleasing, but still good. I think I'll sign up for a month-by-month plan. The person who told me about the payment plans was a good-looking, Gaston-shaped young man named Ace. I'm glad I am able to introduce someone named Ace as a character in these proceedings.

Let me close today with this:



About Me

I am a stay at home mommy of 3 beautiful boys! I have a wonderful husband who loves me and treats me like a princess! I enjoy crafts and being with family and friends!









3 comments: